Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a pair of Sydney Olympic vases by Waterford. Do you…

I have a pair...

I have a pair of Sydney Olympic vases by Waterford. Do you know what their value may be?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

They were made by Waterford Chrystal to comemerate the 2000 Sydney Olympics. They are each 32 cm high and very heavy.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appraiser should be aware of?

They have xxv

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Is your pair numbered and signed Jim O'Leary?

~Nora

Can't see any no. Or signature. Where would I look on them?

Usually on the underside of the vase.

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Thank you for the images, do these have any marks or labels on them to identify that they are to commemorate the Olympics?

They have 27 in Roman numerals around the top incorporated into the design to represent the 27th Olympiad held in Sydney. They also have the Greek pillars around them to sygnify the Olympics.

Could you please add close-up images of those as well.

Thank you for the additional images and for your patience.

These are limited edition, Waterford cut glass vases that were part of the centerpieces for the Sydney 2000 Olympics, or XXVII (27th) Olympiad that were designed by Jim O'Leary. On today's market, each could sell for up to $4000 per vase, or $8000 total for two.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora
Phone call session started
Thank you Nora. I have been getting rid of some things and now know to keep these. You have been very helpful. Thank you for your patience with me working out how to send photos and sorry if you received multiple copies.

You are very welcome and my pleasure to be of help to you here.

~Nora