Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

I'm looking for the best way to get me art appraised, for…

I'm looking for the...

I'm looking for the best way to get me art appraised, for insurance purposes mostly. I have maybe a dozen items of value of $5k or less (my best guess).

Expert's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CA

Expert's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

1/17/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
You would need a Certified Art Appraiser to look at each piece in person, they will then write an appraisal, with value on each piece. I can help you get a list of artists in your area if you can tell me the city and state you are located in .

Glenda

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am in Thousand Oaks, CA. I notice there are numerous and confusing appraisal certifications and many, many services available, with some even free or strictly online. There are also many articles about being careful about using some services. What I am looking for is a recommendation for choosing a specific service or individual appraiser without having to read all of the conflicting information available. I will be using the appraisal in order to purchase insurance on the items. Thanks!

Hello

I will only give you a list of Certified appraisers who are Credentialed through the International Society of Appraisers. They are all 100% Honest, Reliable, and Trustworthy. They are educated in their fields.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** ***** be very helpful. Are they specialized for various purposes, such as insurance vs. wholesale or retail values, or will anyone be able to do any of that?

Hello

They are all capable of writing you a written appraisal that can be used for your insurance.

.

Here is a list of appraisers, you can contact one or all of them to see which best fits your needs, they are all Certified.

.

Janet F. Cobert, ISA CAPP ISA CAPP Certified (###) ###-####– Beverly Hills, CA, United States

Wendy M. Gerdau, ISA CAPP Wendy M. Gerdau, ISA CAPP ISA CAPP Certified
art(###) ###-####– Los Angeles, CA, United States

Claudia Miller, ISA CAPP Claudia Miller, ISA CAPP ISA CAPP Certified (###) ###-####– Quartz Hill, CA, United States

Vivien L. Hessel, ISA CAPP Vivien L. Hessel, ISA CAPP ISA CAPP Certified(###) ###-####– Garden Grove, CA, United States

Danusia Niklewicz, ISA AM Danusia Niklewicz,(###) ###-####– Los Angeles, CA,

Jaime Corbacho, ISA AM Jaime Corbacho, ISA AM ISA AM(###) ###-####– Los Angeles, CA, United States

Dina Brown, ISA AM Dina Brown, ISA AM ISA AM(###) ###-####– Los Angeles, CA, United States

Israel Stepanian, ISA, A.M. Israel Stepanian, ISA, A.M. ISA AM(###) ###-####– los angeles, CA,

Jacqueline M Pettie, ISA AM Jacqueline M Pettie, ISA AM ISA AM(###) ###-####– Rancho Cucamonga, CA, United States

Alyssa A. Karn, ISA AM(###) ###-####– Mission Viejo, CA, United States

Patricia Manzo, ISA Patricia Manzo, ISA ISA AM(###) ###-####– Riverside, CA, United States

Kevin D Segall, ISA Kevin D Segall, ISA ISA(###) ###-####– Woodland Hills, CA, United States

David R. Kwiat, ISA David R. Kwiat, ISA ISA(###) ###-####– Encino, CA, United States

Laurent Thierry Gache, ISA Member Laurent Thierry Gache, ISA Member ISA(###) ###-####– Los Angeles, CA, United States

Lynn C. Rabins Lynn C. Rabins ISA
Antiquities, (###) ###-####– West Hollywood, CA, United States

Kate Rosenheim, ISA, Member and M.A. in Kate Rosenheim, ISA, Member and M.A. in ISA(###) ###-####– Los Angeles, CA, United States

Samuel A Tellez, ISA Member Samuel A Tellez, ISA Member ISA(###) ###-####– HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA, United States

Diane L. Bendis, ISA Diane L. Bendis, ISA ISA(###) ###-####– Riverside, CA, United States

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.

.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are there any in Ventura County, CA, closer to where I am? I also called a couple of them so far -- one charges $200 per hour (per piece essentially), which would be rather expensive for the level of pieces I have, and some may not have much value at all. Does this sound like a reasonable cost? Also, another only handled comic illustrations. Is there a way to filter for types of expertise? Thanks!

Hello

I will see if there are some closer, these were all from the International society of appraisers, I will see if I can find some more, and let you know. The average is normally priced around 150.00 per hour, that is pretty common, but a lot of them are willing to work with you if you have a lot.

Will see what I can find.

Tell me large cities near you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My nearest zip code is 91362 or 91360. Close cities are Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, Oak Park, Agoura Hills, Newbury Park, Moorpark are all very close, but not that large. Further, but close, are Calabasas, Camarillo, and Simi Valley, then maybe city of Ventura or Oxnard (most are in Ventura County).

Ok, I will see if I can get a list of appraisers closer to you. I will post back when I have the list.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I appreciate the help on this -- thank you!

You are welcome

Hello

Researching further, I found the following that are closer to you, they should be able to help you with what you are needing.

Geppetto's Appraisals
Thousand Oaks, CA(###) ###-####/p>

***** ***** Studio
31316 Via Colinas Ste 112Westlake Village, CA 91362(###) ###-####/p>

Art Of It
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360(###) ###-####/p>

Fred Kavli Theatre Gallery
2100 E Thousand Oaks BlvdThousand Oaks, CA 91362(###) ###-####/p>

Palace Art
1779 E Thousand Oaks BlvdThousand Oaks, CA 91362(###) ###-####/p>

Artistic Ink
1204 E Thousand Oaks BlvdThousand Oaks, CA 91362(###) ###-####/p>

Mates
2000 La Granada DrThousand Oaks, CA 91362(###) ###-####/p>

Art Palace
772 E Thousand Oaks BlvdThousand Oaks, CA 91360(###) ###-####/p>

William Rolland Fine Art Gllry
160 Overton CtThousand Oaks, CA 91360(###) ###-####/p>

Weathered Woods
3315 Hidden Creek AveThousand Oaks, CA 91360(###) ###-####/p>

Artagraphix
2806 Townsgate RdWestlake Village, CA 91361(###) ###-####/p>

Caruso Art*****Ste FWestlake Village, CA 91361(###) ###-####/p>

Bronzeman
31238 Via ColinasWestlake Village, CA 91362(###) ###-####/p>

Arts Council Ctr Cultural Prgm
403 W Hillcrest DrThousand Oaks, CA 91360(###) ###-####/p>

The Sr Product Group
31200 Via ColinasWestlake Village, CA 91362(###) ###-####/p>

Clay Studio
700 Paige LnThousand Oaks, CA 91360(###) ###-####/p>

National Heritage Collectors
2139 Lindengrove StWestlake Village, CA 91361(###) ###-####/p>

Nature Photos
965 Rancho RdThousand Oaks, CA 91362(###) ###-####/p>

Jerry Sawitz
2262 Fernleaf CtThousand Oaks, CA 91362(###) ###-####/p>

Art Scene
231 Cedar Heights DrThousand Oaks, CA 91360(###) ###-####/p>

Conejo Valley Art Museum
193 N Moorpark Rd Ste CThousand Oaks, CA 91360(###) ###-####/p>

Frames by You
436 N Moorpark RdThousand Oaks, CA 91360(###) ###-####/p>

The Arterie
2219 E Thousand Oaks BlvdThousand Oaks, CA 91362(###) ###-####/p>

Cut Arts Inc
1431 Grissom StThousand Oaks, CA 91362(###) ###-####/p>

Studio Fine Art
30941 Agoura RdWestlake Village, CA 91361(###) ###-####/p>

Beverly Hills Appraisal
Serving the Thousand Oaks Area.(###) ###-####/p>

.
Glenda,
.

.
.
.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, ***** ***** of these places claim to have certified appraisers, like the earlier list you sent?

If they are art appraisers they should all be certified, I did the research for Certified Appraisers in your area. Most Appraisers are all Compliant with American Society or International Society, or even with the IRS.

Glenda

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This latest list is somewhat confusing to me. At least one is a tattoo parlor, and the art studio I contacted doesn't do appraisals, but said they could tell me worth (not as an official appraisal).

These are the names that came up in your local area when searching for Art Appraisers.

You will need to call each one to see which one is best for you. The first list is the list from the International Society of Appraisers, they are all certified and are able to write appraisal reports for insurance purposes. The second list they do not say, that is why you call them. Art is a very specialized field so it is best to call each one

Here is another list, these are from the American Society of Appraisers, they are also qualified to write an appraisal for you.

This is the only appraisers that are listed in any of the data bases we pay to access, if there are more then they would be listed in a local phone book search. They are not listed in any of the data bases.

Xiliary Twil, ASA
Address*****#184
Beverly Hills,CA 90211
United States
Phone 1 (310 )(###) ###-####

srael Stepanian, ASA
Address 325 North Larchmont Blvd
Los Angeles,CA 90004
United States
Phone 1 (323 )(###) ###-####br />

Holly A. Mitchem, ASA
Address P.O. Box 1468
Ojai,CA 93023
United States
Phone 1 (805 )(###) ###-####

Garrett R. Goldfield, ASA
Address 236 Calle De Madera
San Diego,CA 92024
United States
Phone 1 (760 )(###) ###-####

Seonaid McArthur, AM
Address 5666 La Jolla Blvd PMB # 151
La Jolla,CA 92037
United States
Phone 1 (858 )(###) ###-####

Paul Golubovs, ASA, ARM-ARM
Address 9984 Scripps Ranch Blvd #33
San Diego,CA###-##-####br />United States
Phone 1 (858 )(###) ###-####

Louise B. Allrich, ASA
Address 236 W Portal Ave # 406
San Francisco,CA###-##-####br />United States
Phone 1 (415 )(###) ###-####

Jeremy Stone, ASA
Address Business Matters in the Visual Arts
San Francisco,CA 94118
United States
Phone 1 (415 )(###) ###-####/p>

Jeanie Craig, ASA
Address***** # 275
Mill Valley,CA###-##-####br />United States
Phone 1 (415 )(###) ###-####

Tony Pernicone, ASA
Address 140 Bryce Canyon Rd
San Rafael,CA 94903
United States
Phone 1 (415 )(###) ###-####

.
Glenda,
.

.
.
.

Glenda B.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, thanks for all this. I will be calling some to find an appropriate one.

Hello

You are welcome, I am sorry you did not feel that I worked hard enough for you to rate being rated the full 5 stars, I strive to go out of my way to help my customers. I thought I had really helped you, I am so sorry you did not feel this.

I hope you have a wonderful evening, good luck with your art.

Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B.