Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/15/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Thank you for the request here.

Please add images of the face of the clock and also a close-up of the works from the back and any marks that may be on it.

~Nora

Thank you for the images, however they are duplicates of the original pictures and they will not allow me to zoom in to see the name of the face of the clock or works.

~Nora

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you. ~Nora

Would it please be possible to take a clear, in-focus image of the clock face with a camera? The face is too pixelated with the cropping. Is the name definitely Goodlord of Lyon or is it Godard or Goddard & Lyon?

~Nora

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for your patience.

From my research, this should be a late 19th century Godard-Ragault produced gilded metal figural clock with the movement by Bernard Lyon of Paris. The metal is likely gilded bronze. The figure is a classical personification of Europe.

The clock face is enamel with hand painted Roman numerals. This could garner $350 - $600 on today's auction market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

Sincerely,

Nora