Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

Diana F I just went to the salvage store. They have the

Diana F I just went to...
Diana F
I just went to the salvage store.
They have the pictures Capodimante come in that hour.
You can see the eBay picture next to it. They could not find one that large.
So the show a smaller Capofimante for $195 on eBay and are asking $150 for this one.
I offered $100 but it was just put out.
I could not even lift it.
It has one major flower on the side broken off.
In your opinion, should I invest in it?
Mike Fisers
1/15/2018
Josie-Mod
I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online.
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Expert

Hi Mike.

I hope you're doing well. I'm sorry I'm just responding to this. For some reason I never saw it. I'll be glad to take a look.

~Diana

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I could not resist.
I went out and purchase 20+ lbs. of porcelain.
I will send you more information after the evening News.
Mike Fisers

LOL. That's a huge bouquet of porcelain flowers.

.

Most of those date to about the 1940s/1950s and they are very collectible. When they're that large, they're usually used as a center piece or as a room focal point.

.

Even with a flower missing, it'll still be worth about double what they're asking. It's large. The coloring and detailing looks fantastic. Capodimonte marked pieces are always an eye grabber. I've seen baskets smaller than that with cracks and crazing go for nearly $250. I don't think the loss of one flower (even major) will be too bad. So, for one that size, it should be $325 to $350. Mint, I would have said about $450 to close to $500.

.

I can't wait to see what else you might have found.

.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great night.
~Diana

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I wanted to send you some additional information about the 20+ lbs. of Porcelain.
It is so heavy that I had to have someone load it into my car. I don't know if I mentioned that I have had a torn Rotator Cuff for 5 months now and have surgery scheduled February 20. I now add Doctors to my list of hated professionals.I am adding more pictures for you to see the actual item.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe the third picture has the missing flower. Tt is on the right side and is not evident.
Please take another look at this with the dimensions.Thanks
IMG_6872[1].JPGIMG_687...JPGIMG_6912[1].JPGIMG_691...JPGIMG_6919[1].JPGIMG_691...JPGIMG_6924[1].JPGIMG_692...JPG
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Incidentally, today while I was entering the cost of the Brass Hurricanes into my ledger, the phone made the cash register sound to announce that they sold for $110. What a coincidence? An omen?
You were spot on.
Thanks, *****

Oh no. Have you been in terrible pain? I hope the surgery goes well. My brother had the same surgery about 2 years ago and his recovery went pretty well. I wish you a speedy recovery. I hope you were able to get that heavy thing out of your car.

.

That's awesome about the hurricanes. That was a quick turnaround too. Congrats! I love hearing news like that.

.

That's definitely a legitimate Capodimonte mark. It's newer and still being used in some variations, but that's one of their authentic backstamps. That's a bit larger than I was even thinking. It looks like it's about 14 or 15" tall at it's highest point.

.
It's what they call a centerpiece. It looks like it's in basket that almost mimics a wicker look. That's a little different. Most are arranged in pedestal vases and pots. The woven, wicker style is a little less common. The flowers almost look like an arrangement of hibiscus flowers.

.

The missing flower isn't noticeable at all to me. I had trouble noticing anything and I was actually looking for it. I don't think having a missing one is going to cause you any problems. If it stands out any, you can always try filing it down to make any remnants less noticeable.

.

Honestly, it's worth about $450 to $550, but I think $300 to $350 will be your range for selling online. You might get more if you try to sell it local, but online I'm not sure you can get much more out of it. I think shipping cost might be factor for some buyers. Small weight and small shipping cost isn't usually much of a factor, but when you start getting up there, most buyers will take that into consideration for how much they're willing to spend.

.

It's definitely a great find.

Let me know if you have any questions (and try not to carry that heaving thing around too much). =)

~Diana

Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Expert
Diana F.
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Expert