Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

My mom too bought for $225 a Merrill Chase painting by Gruve…

Customer Question
My mom too bought...

My mom too bought for $225 a Merrill Chase painting by Gruve in 1971. title is "Mountain Scene" and is original 24X36 inches. Any Value?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

That is all i know

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appraiser should be aware of?

#51149

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appraisals
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
Appraiser: Rarewares, Other replied 6 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other

A landscape painting from the mid-century by Gruve and retailed by Merrill Chase Galleries has a current

value of $300 to $400 retail.

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answers.