Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

Where can we take a MAC beanie babie to be appraised in the…

Customer Question
Where can we take...

Where can we take a MAC beanie babie to be appraised in the DFW area. We believe it has several errors

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Its a June 10 1998 "MAC" cardinal beanie baby and a June 23 1998 "Sammy"

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?

Both in mint condition

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appraisals
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Appraiser: Appraiser JM, Certified Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Appraiser JM
Appraiser JM, Certified Appraiser

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help. I can certainly appraise them here. What I'll need:

A photo of the front and back (opened up) of the hang tag for each

A photo of the front and back of the tush tag for each

Let me know if there is a stamp inside either tush tag.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

My pics are not being accepted for size.is there another way to send them.

Please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

Or you can resize your photos for free online:

http://www.picresize.com/

Thanks. Give me a few minutes.

Jennifer

Are there number stamps inside the folded tush tags?

None that we can see.

Thanks.

Mac first.

So Mac has 2 errors, technically--all of them have the 1998/1999 discrepancy, although many list that as an error, and he doesn't have the Gasport/Gosport error. He has the space before the exclamation point, and the missing number inside the tush tag.

That said...while you will see crazy listing prices, up to thousands of dollars, those are not prices that are being achieved. These articles always come out based on these listing prices, and ignore "sold" prices. I went into the database of sold prices for Mac, with 2 or 3 errors, over the past 5 years. The selling prices max out at $15, maybe $20, with most selling for $12.

Sammy

Sammy likewise misses the Gosport/Gasport error. He has the space before the exclamation point. He has the mismatched dates, and the missing date stamps. So 2-3 errors, depending on whether you count the dates.

Once again, while you'll see crazy listing prices and crazy articles, the completed resale doesn't match it. For this one, we are likely looking in the $20 - $30 range, based on final selling prices over the past 5 years.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Why was I charged 63.00 ? I only committed to 5.00