Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

I have a GE Monitor Top Refrigerator that has been

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Monitor Top Refrigerator that has been completely restored to like new condition. Never has been anything wrong with it. Had it sandblasted ann

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a 1936 GE MONITOR TOP REFRIGERATOR that has never had any problems. Had it sandblasted and painted with beautiful white epoxy paint. Got an appliance shop to rewire it and put on a new door gasket. It looks like a new one. It is beautiful.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

No.Except how to sell it. I have stage 4 prostate cancer spread to the bones and could use the money.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appraisals
12/20/2017
Appraiser: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 2 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. I am so very sorry about your illness.

Thoughtful responses to questions take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

In perfect condition like yours, the estimated retail value of your 1936 GE MONITOR TOP REFRIGERATOR is $750-950.

If you would like to sell close to estimated retail, some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Be sure to specify local pick up only for large items. That way the buyer would be responsible for obtaining his own insurance and transport.

Etsy.com - small fees-20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Artfire.com

These sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.

Rubylane.com
Tias.com
cyberattic.com
trocadero.com
https://www.justcollecting.com

Ultimately, to obtain these retail values we assume the piece or set is in good condition and that the final value depends on sale geographic location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20% more than retail values.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.

If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars! This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be able to help you.

Thanks. Having surgery in the morning. Will check back asap.

i forgot to check the rating box. It is now checked.

Positive, please.

I am sorry but the answer I wrote did not go through. Please do not rate until you have my next response/answer.

Thanks. Having surgery in the morning. Will check back asap. A search on the Internet says that it should be worth from $3400 -$3900 fully restored

Since your 1936 GE MONITOR TOP REFRIGERATOR is in perfect condition, it should be worth those high values but do not sell it on eBay where the highest is $999 right now.

Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices.

Artfire.com

Rubylane.com
Tias.com
cyberattic.com
trocadero.com
https://www.justcollecting.com

I hope I have helped you.

Kind regards.

Doris

Doris
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser