Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a mixed media art piece called Under the Sign of Leo…

Customer Question
I have a mixed...

I have a mixed media art piece called Under the Sign of Leo by Roslyn Rose, I was trying to find out its worth to see if I should insure it and if so how much

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I paid $1000 for it in an art gallery many years ago. Since then she has gone into several museums. it is mixed media, resins, oils, etc.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?

I've had it framed better around the original floating frame. I have been in contact with here an she acknowledged it is her work and one of her favorites

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appraisals
12/19/2017
Appraiser: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

What size is your piece (in inches) not including the frame and mat? Please do not remove from the frame.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and back of your framed piece.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris