Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

How might i donate my modest collection of seashells from…

Customer Question
How might i donate...

How might i donate my modest collection of seashells from Micronesia (Yap District and Truk) from the early 1970s? I have between 200 and 300 shells.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I know i will need an appraisal of my collection before any donation. I do not know where my collection would be eelcomed as a donation. I have a few photos of the shells.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The collection is lcated in San Mateo County, California.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appraisals
12/17/2017
Appraiser: Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

There are no appraisers of sea shells listed in your area, that can tell you what the collection is valued at. There are two companies you can contact that should be able to direct you to an appraiser who can help you and they might also be interested in taking on your collection. If you like I can give you the contact information for those two companies.

Glenda