Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a 1942 Wurlitzer 750 jukebox that has been in my

Customer Question
family since 1956. I have...
I have a 1942 Wurlitzer 750 jukebox that has been in my family since 1956. I have had it since 1980 with the exception of 7 years (2002-2009) when my niece cared for it for me. She had the exterior refurbished about 14 years ago and apparently had it fitted for 33 records, no longer 78's. It was not working when she received it but had it restored during the 7 years she had it. She sent it out of state. When I got it back 8 years ago, it worked for a week or 2 and I had someone 'repair' it. That lasted only a short time and it has only been a pretty conversation piece since. I am now retiring and will not be taking it with me. It could be an easy fix, I don't know and have had no luck finding someone to repair it. How can I find out it's value not working and/or repaired?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appraisals
12/11/2017
Appraiser: rusufdavi, Other replied 8 months ago
rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Other

Hello there

My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you or using JustAnswer to solve your question.

The 750 model was one of the first electrical jukebox to the introduction of electronic jukeboxes. All original with classic 33 records included increases a lot its value. There are some past sales of perfectly working machines and other auctions of "for repair" jukeboxes. I will provide the value for each and you decide which is the best option ok?

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 6,000-8,000$ for a perfect working jukebox.

78's were the originals. 33's will enhance the value?

For repair conditions, the value will be much lower, in principle, you can expect between 2,000-3,000$ for the machine

Finding the 78 is almost impossible, and the value will be incredible high.

Normally the jukeboxes are found with 20-30 records typically in the second hand market.

So in your case, 33 is a good amount of records

As you can see there is a huge difference in value. I would definitely recommend to repair the jukebox, unless you need the money in the short term.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!