Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

How do I go about getting the signatures sold? It appears to…

How do I go about...
How do I go about getting the signatures sold? It appears to me that it would be hard to do them individually. Like selling a house - can you list the item(s) with more than one site? I am totally new to this - would I be better trying to get in touch with a local auction house?
Thanks for your help.
Rose Rosado
12/11/2017
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Hi Rose,

Did you contact the two auction houses, Heritage and Profiles in History?

~Nora

I couldn't find any information on how to contact them about selling my signatures. I was only able to see how to contact them to buy.
I paid the $34.00 the other day but never got to speak with you. Is that fee still good?

I can help you with that.

Here is the link for you to consigning to Heritage Auctions:

https://www.ha.com/consign-your-collectibles.s?ic12=WhyConsign-WhyHeritage-ConsignButton-071515

And here is the link for selling through Profiles in History:

https://profilesinhistory.com/consign/consignment-forms/

If the autographs are on two sides of one page and not easily seperated, then it is best to sell the book as a complete whole.

The phone call request was cancelled.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora
Thank you so very much. All the signatures are on single pages except for two. Do I have to get the signatures appraised before I contact those sites for consignment? Again many thanks.
Thanks for your help. I have been able to find a dealer near me that will appraise the signature.

You are very welcome and that is great that you found someone local. I do still recommend contacting the 2 auction houses. As well, I do not recommend selling direct to a dealer, as a dealer will offer 10% - 30% of the lowest perceived value.

~Nora

Nora
Nora