Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a hand crank sewing machine serial # 149582. Can you…

I have a Jones...

I have a Jones hand crank sewing machine serial # 149582. Can you help me with more information on this machine - e.g what year it was made, what its worth now.....? Thank you.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I'm afraid I don't have much history on it. Bought it at a craft show. Sorry.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?

Not that I can think of. I've been using it as a decorative conversation piece and have never tried to use it. I'm pretty sure it still works.

12/8/2017
ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Below is a little history of the Jones sewing machine co. plus the list of serial numbers that will tell when your machine was made which would be in between 1892 & 1913. The value in today's market in good body & working condition $325.00 to excellent body & working condition $650.00. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Jones originally in or around 1880 started with a simply num***** *****st of serial numbers for all their machines. Whilst they continued this one num***** *****st it is possible to approximately date a machine. Jones in their wisdom started several different numeric and alpha-numeric serial number runs after 1935. After that date it is impossible to accurately date machines.

* After 1935 Jones in their wisdom started several different numeric and alpha-numeric serial number runs. After that date it is impossible to accurately date machines.

Serial No Approx Year

1 12502 1880
2
3 30082 1882
4 35259 1883
5 91279 1890
6 97101 1891
7
8 234882 1914
9 241956 1916

9a 326234 1923
10 341636 1925

11 344254 1924

12 380122 1926

13 381640 1926
14 405091 1926
15 420742 1929
16 486218 1933
17
18 514594 1934
19
20 522569 1935*
21 E174936 1938

ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED