Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I HAVE A OAK UPRIGHT PLAYER PIANO THAT HAS A LEDED GLASS IN…

Customer Question
I HAVE A OAK...

I HAVE A OAK UPRIGHT PLAYER PIANO THAT HAS A LEDED GLASS IN FRONT,PLAYES ON 3 DRUMS,CYCMAL,ETC,IT HAS A 1970 OR1980 CASSETE TAPEPLAYER,IT WORKS,ALSO THE PIANO WILL PLAY BY THE KEY BOARD,IT HAS THE WORD AMI ON PAPER WORK,USES 25 CENTS TO PLAY,CAN NOT FIND ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Appraiser should be aware of?

IT PLAYES ON 6 THINGS,ALSO HAS A LARGE TYPE OF A ELECTRIC READ OUT THAT SETS ON TOP OF PIANO,IT HAS A 8 TRACK PLAYER AND ALSO LOOKS LIKE A NEWER SMALLER CASSETE PLAYER

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appraisals
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/8/2017
Appraiser: ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser replied 7 months ago
ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser

Thanks for the question! The market for player pianos is one that is tough right now because there is lots of supply and not a ton of demand. Similar ones sell at the $400 to $600 level at auction (see: https://www.ebth.com/items/6641454-baldwin-classic-oak-player-piano-and-bench which is not an exact match but comparable; see also: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/55995366_gulbransen-dickenson-player-piano) but at the retail, music store level, reconditioned ones in great condition can sell for up to $2,000.

Again, thanks and let me know if I can be of further help. Please use the 5-star rating system to rate my professionalism as it's the sole way experts are recognized by JustAnswer for our service.

Following-up as I noticed you viewed your answer but elected not to rate it. Is there any additional information that I can provide? Again, rating the question is the sole-way that experts are recognized and closes the question. It costs nothing more for you.