Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

We need Values for a dining table and sideboard 14 yrs old…

Customer Question
Second opinion] We need...

Second opinion] We need Values for a dining table and sideboard 14 yrs old Drexel Heritage for Insurance purposes. Was destroyed in recent floods in Texas.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It was Carlton Cherry

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?

Came with two extensions and was in excellent condition.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appraisals
12/4/2017
Appraiser: Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 7 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Are you planning to enter an insurance claim for replacement value?

~Nora

It is referred to as Replacement cost value less depreciation. Ie actual cas value.

Yes, I am familiar with that.

Do you recall the original purchase price on the set when new?

~Nora

$2500 each

Generally, the original purchase price is what an insurance company would use for replacement cost and then they would then calculate their own depreciation standards for the time that you have owned the set until it was damaged.

~Nora