Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have an unopened bottle of harringtons reserve rye whiskey…

Customer Question
I have an unopened...

I have an unopened bottle of harringtons reserve rye whiskey from ruxton md. pre 1960. is it worth anything?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Glass botle, sealed with unborken seal. bottled for harringtons reserve, and bottled by baltimore liquor comp.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Thats it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appraisals
12/4/2017
Appraiser: ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser replied 7 months ago
ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser

Thanks for the question! To a collector, it might be worth $50 to $75. The market for these not-well-known brands, even unopened, is kind of thin because of the variables in keeping alcohol in non-controlled environments for so many years. It might be awesome, or it might be undrinkable. Because of liquor laws that limit one's ability to sell these types of unopened bottles, it's probably best to open and enjoy or give as a gift because the value is relatively modest.

Again, thanks and let me know if I can be of further help. Please use the 5-star rating system to rate my professionalism as it's the sole way experts are recognized by JustAnswer for our service.

Following-up as I noticed you viewed your answer but elected not to rate it. Is there any additional information that I can provide? Again, rating the question is the sole-way that experts are recognized and closes the question. It costs nothing more for you.