Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a bottle of original Rc cola dated from 1863-1974 I…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a bottle of original Rc cola dated from 1863-1974 I would like to get an address to were I could get information on its value, if it have any value.

Expert's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Mississippi

Expert's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Expert's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I will need an address to send the fees.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appraisals
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/3/2017
Appraiser: Diana F., Antiques Expert replied 4 months ago
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Expert

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

Does it have the image of West Virginia on the back? Has it been opened? Are all the decals and images in good shape?

~Diana

I am sorry I havn't responded to good on this matter, but I had to go out of town,the bottle has a map of west Virginia on it. it has not been opened all the images are good.

Hi. That's okay. I know life comes up. Thank you for getting back with me.

.

That's one of the commemorative bottles celebrating West Virginia. They actually produced a handful of these featuring different states.

.
If it's unopened and the images are in good shape, it'll be worth about $15 to $20. Occasionally you can get a little bit more if you can get someone that's trying to complete a set.

.

The price will vary a bit depending on where you try to sell it. You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself in a private sale as opposed to an auction, Ebay, or selling it to a dealer.

.

For selling it yourself, Etsy is a great alternative to Ebay. A site like Tias, Cyberattic or even Etsy would be great for something. Etsy has some of the lowest listing rates.
.

There is also craigslist. Your town might even have a facebook page dedicated to selling items (like an online garage sale). Some buyers have even started using apps or sites like LetGo or Varagesale. The only big downside to these is you always run a risk of meeting someone that may be dangerous. If you go that route, never have them come to your house. Always meet someplace very public and never go alone. I don't generally recommend any of those options because I would hate for something to happen to you. One generally safe option is meeting up at a local police station. A lot of towns allow sellers to use their parking lots as meeting places.

.

Ebay is more or less a last resort. It does reach a lot of people, but the values tend to be lower. If you do decide to try Ebay, consider using reserves.
.

That should give you quite a few options, but if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great day.
~Diana

Appraiser: Diana F., Antiques Expert replied 3 months ago

Hi. I was just touching base to see if you need anything else? I noticed you viewed my answer, but have not rated it. I was wondering if you had any more questions?

.

I also wanted to know if you were having trouble rating my answer? Rating me does not cost you anything. It just ensures I get credit for my work.

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open.

.

.

If you think you have already rated me, please reply and let me know. If you're having trouble rating my answer, please let me know.

.

Best Wishes,
Diana

Hi. Was there something else you needed? I see you viewed my reply. Is there a reason that you're not rating my answer? If so, I'll glad to help anyway I can.

~Diana

Hi. Are you having trouble viewing my answer? From my end it looks as if you're seeing it, but I notice you're not rating it. Is there a reason that you're not? If so, I'll glad to help anyway I can.

~Diana

Hi. I noticed you keep viewing my answer. Is there something I can help with?

~Diana

Diana F.
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Expert