Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a painting with Robert Sills Gallery Inc. Art

Customer Question
I have a painting...

I have a painting with Robert Sills Gallery Inc.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Art Auctions For Fund Raising. Register Number E86-2766

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appraiser should be aware of?

It is a framed oil painting of Red and white roses in a vase

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appraisals
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2017
Appraiser: Erin-Marie Wallace, Owner & CEO of Rare-Era.com replied 6 months ago
Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace, Owner & CEO of Rare-Era.com

Greetings, my name is ***** ***** I am a federally certified Fine Art and Antiques appraiser and licensed auctioneer with a Master’s degree from Sotheby’s Institute, UK. I can assist you with this evaluation but need to request that you provide photos and dimensions of the painting. Would you like a few pointers on how to do this?

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

No. I don't want to pay an additional $34.00

To upload images, click on the blue"+ Add files" text. It will open a window which will allow you to select images (one at a time), give it a moment to upload and you will see the image title in blue in the lower left corner of the screen, .jpeg formats work best.

I'll attach a screen shot as well that may help.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

You must have gotten the auto pop-up for a phone call... Feel free to disregard those, I can't control when they pop up on the screen. While I'm always open to chatting voice to voice, it is likely I can answer this via written response.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

I don’t see anything in the bottom corner of my screen after taking the picture.
A569A763-E1A1-4548-962D...jpegA569A7...jpegE70A2FA0-11B6-4036-92A7...jpegE70A2F...jpegimage.jpgimage.jpgDC1C8371-36D6-41E4-9388...jpegDC1C83...jpeg2C1383AB-BA0A-4E57-B64F...jpeg2C1383...jpeg
Did you receive a photo of the painting?

I did, thank you, ***** ***** me a few moments to research and I'll return with your answer.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

As you likely know, it is an oil on canvas signed Edward. While this specific artist hasn't been offered on the secondary market before, similar painting from the Robert Sills Gallery have been offered at auction and in online retail galleries. At auction, similar pieces sell between $25USD and $50USD and when offered in retail galleries between $100 and $150USD in online venues such as EBay (see attached).

I hope this impartial evaluation will be of assistance to you. If you have any additional questions, do let me know. Otherwise, please keep in mind, I only receive compensation for my answer once you have rated me positively, thus, your 5-star rating is most appreciated.

Cheers!

Erin-Marie