Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

Glenda (only please) 1930's-40's photo frame (has chips on

Hi Glenda (only please)1930's-40's photo...
Hi Glenda (only please)1930's-40's photo frame (has chips on edges). what would this be worth?dessert bowls - both Cambridge? very similar. the one on the right is Cambridge Etch #521 Pink Etched grapes (though the glass is clear)etched goblets - cambridge or fostoria or?photos attached.Thanks,
Liz
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Hello

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
photo frame
20171122_140005.jpg2017112...jpg20171122_140118.jpg2017112...jpg20171122_140207.jpg2017112...jpg20171122_140358.jpg2017112...jpg20171122_140550.jpg2017112...jpg

Is that frame glass?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
the frame is glass with beveled cut edge. Fine cuts. Large cut with small cut inside the large cut. Makes the chips barely noticeable.

I cannot see any Goblets

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
sorry I had to resize the photo to upload. took some time.

Hi Liz

The Frame is from the 40's, you do not see these often. They are valued at $30.00-35.00

The Right one is Cambridge, -$18.00-20.00, the other one is a knock off made in Japan in the late 40's-$14.00-14.50

I believe the Goblets are Cambridge they are not in the Fostoria $15.00-18.00 each.

Hope you have a great day!

Glenda

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you Glenda. Yes the frame is very pretty and historic isn't it!for the cambridge dessert bowl, how much with its matching under plate or saucer? is it the same period, 1940's?Yes, I agree the goblets look more like cambridge. Now to see if I can find the pattern. If not, I'll just label as etched pattern. What period should I give to the goblets?Thanks,
Liz

Liz

Good luck finding the pattern, this is so hard to do. Glass is the hardest thing to find.

If you have the underplate for that bowl up that price about 10.00.

Glenda

Glenda B.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you!!
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I usually try searches on Etsy, sometimes Ebay, and replacements.com for patterns. A spend a little time, not a lot.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
often i find items when i'm looking for something else. lol. I keep a notebook handy to check later.

I do that too! I have so many old notebooks filled up

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
0) lol

But it is a good thing, because you always have it to go back to. When I had my shop I would sit for hours and go through books, I have around 200 to 250 books, that I purchased during that time, and still buy new ones!

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
wow. that's quite a collection on books. I shall have to figure out which recommendations on books I can get. I have Warmen's Depression Glass, Miller's Antique Marks, and two books on Cornflower (though not that helpful).

Fenton is good, and Carter's for more expensive things. You can find a lot of Elegant Glassware books they are always good to have. Harry Rinkers books are good the does china and kitchen stuff, 50 's glassware is good and so is 50's kitchen items

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thanks! I'll put the books on my Christmas list! My daughter bought me a book last year for Christmas!

Good Idea!

Glenda B.
Glenda B.