Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" With no date. I do know…

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" With no date. I do know with the LTD added to the F.Warne name it is after 1917 and possible a reprint. Can I find any further info as to the date and no as importantly the value? Thank-you

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Condition is good with damage to the front cover Light brown cover

11/21/2017
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Can you post a few photos of the front , back and the inside page of the book for review please. This will help in giving you accurate information and values. I will also need to know the number of pages. Thank you . To post photos click on the add files, file upload or paperclip button and follow the prompts. You may also email the photos to. ***@******.*** and in the email put for ladytanya65 so they know whom to forward the photos to. Please note emailing can take a day to get to me but I will post back as soon as I receive them so you know. There is no rush thank you I look forward to helping you.
I have 30 pages and some minor damage on 3 pages that have come away from the spine.
IMG_20171121_0001.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20171121_0006.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20171121_0011.jpgIMG_201...jpgP.R. inside.jpgP.R. in...jpg
I not calling

Thank you so much for the photos. Yes, there is no need for a phone call. I like to keep things in written form so you have a reference to print and keep with the item for future use. I do not send emails nor pop up ads. Keeping our correspondence within the thread here does not cost anything more either. Thank you for the reply. I will post back here shortly.

Thank you for your patience. This is a very nice book there is some minor damage as you noted- 3 pages loose from the spine and the front picture is torn on the cover. Here is the information and values for you.

Frederick Warne & Co Ltd, London, Hardcover

Undated c 1950-1960

date code is 669-26 as you can see the date code is on the image # 20171121_0011 you provided, on the bottom of page left hand side.

Further with the cover picture being attached and not printed directly on the cover and style of font used the date on this book is 1950-1955 after 1955 the font changed slightly and the cover had a shine/gloss look to it rather then the cover feel you have on your copy. There is no way to get an exact date other then above 1950-1955.

The value on this book is 35.00 with the minor damage and if you are looking to sell this book you would see a realistic price of 20-25.00 for this book. People wish to buy at a discount rather then pay the price of value. Places to sell this book would be etsy.com ebay.com (ebay would be a a price of 10-15.00 as this is a site of garage sale pricing rather then retail- people look to ebay for resale rather then personal belongings and wish to make a profit)

Thank you for your help in the photos.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars: 1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser