Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

I have the Kundo 400 day anniversary clock in working

Customer Question
My name is Ken....
My name is Ken. I have the Kundo 400 day anniversary clock in working condition. The finish appears to be oxidizing on the base. The pictures I have seen on line have an enamel face. I would like your opinion on what the value of the clock is and when do you think it was manufactured. I also would like to know if it can be refinished and if it should be. Thankyou
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I would like to send you my pictures of the clock.
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Appraisals
11/20/2017
Appraiser: Rarewares, Other replied 24 days ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the clock,
dial and any markings on the back or on the movement.

Appraiser: Rarewares, Other replied 23 days ago

Yes, the photo uploader only works with one at a time.

There should be some numbers on the movement, let me know what those are if the photo

comes out too blurry.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I cannot find any.

I see the back, I will work on my answer now.

This is a Kundo anniversary (400 day) clock made by

Keininger & Obergfell of West Germany made no earlier than 1949. It is

called an anniversary clock because if working properly,it only needs to be wound

every 365 days, or on your anniversary. The value of this clock in

working condition with some oxidation to the brass plating is $30 to $40 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
What is your experience in the appraisal field? Are you certified or carry any designations to be an appraiser?

I gave my answer above, I will add it again here in case you did not see it.

Ebay and letgo.com (local).

to get good feedback for answering.

Appraiser: Rarewares, Other replied 21 days ago

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words "thank you" or "yes, I am happy with my answer".

Rarewares
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other