Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

What is the value of this 2 tableau bisque? I think they the

What is the value of...
What is the value of this 2 tableau bisque?
I think they the are reproduction
Each one about 39cm by 33 cm
https://imgur.com/a/FzCzw
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser & Author

Hello Mohammed,

I am almost done with your other appraisal and will get back to you as soon as I've finished that one.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Great

Back with you, Mohammed.

Do either of these have any signatures, trademarks or any other writing on the front or the back?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No marks at all Judith either on the front nor in the back.

Thanks you Mohammed. Going to do the research now. Be back shortly.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thx

May I see a photo of the backs, please? They may help me to date these.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Sure in a moment

Please take all the time you need. No rush!

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
https://imgur.com/a/LTJJD
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Here is it

Thanks, ***** ***** very helpful. Be right back.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Take your time thanks

Back now, Mohammed.

There's noway to tell for sure if these are reproductions, but I can tell you that the frames are older than the plaques. In fact, the frames add a great deal of value to this package. They are gesso frames, highly prized among collectors and art enthusiasts.

The plaques themselves are depictions of courting scenes and are most likely French. The bisque is fine.

The frames by themselves have a retail (insurance or replacement) value of $250 each. Combined with the plaques, the retail value is approximately $400 each. If you were to sell them, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately $160 each.

I hope this helped you, Mohammed. Please let me know if you need me to explain or expand on anything.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button), at no extra cost to you. Your positive rating is how I am credited for my work. Please click the five stars above, and then click the green button. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Best wishes,

Judith-on-Antiques

twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser & Author
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you Judith for help regards
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
How old are they if possible ?

My best guess is turn of the 20th century - circa 1900 - 1925.

Thanks for your positive rating!

If you have additional items you want to know about, I'd be happy to help you with those. If you want me to answer your questions, all you need to do is use my name, Judith, as the first word of each question.

Best regards,

Judith-on-Antiques

twinb1201
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser & Author