Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a 1948 Hummel Story from Grandma that I would like to…

Customer Question
I have a 1948...

I have a 1948 Hummel Story from Grandma that I would like to sell.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I do know the piece is from 1948 and has all of the markings.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Pristine condition. [email protected] W Pristine condition. Exclusive Edition. #0236 of 10,000

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appraisals
11/17/2017
Appraiser: Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 7 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Appraiser: Appraiser JM, Certified Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Appraiser JM
Appraiser JM, Certified Appraiser

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

A Story for Grandma was actually first released in 1995, as an exclusive for MI Hummel Club Members, in an edition of 10,000. So it seems that you are mistaken abou tthe date--this is a TMK7 piece from 1995. It absolutely did not exist before that date.

The value of the piece for resale would be $700.00. For insurance purposes, a dealer at retail would charge around $1,500.00 including the box.

I am attaching a photo. If I'd identified the wrong one, please let me know!

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I see that this question remains "open." How can I help you further? I strive to always provide five-star service.

I am happy to continue to work with you until you are completely satisfied.

Sincerely,

Jennifer