Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

F only One more question What is the value of this vase?

For Diana F only One more...
For Diana F only
One more question
What is the value of this vase?
It's about 60cm tall
https://imgur.com/a/Zhl7k
11/17/2017
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Expert

Hi again.

.

I'll be glad to take a look at this one.

~Diana

Thanks Diana

You're welcome. I'm happy to help.

.

That looks like the mark used by United Wilson Porcelain Factory. They're a fairly modern porcelain factory, but they specialize in antique reproductions and classically style pieces. They have designed lots of porcelain with metal mounts, feet, etc. They were founded during the later part of the 1900s in Hong Kong, China and they still in business.

.

What you have is a cobalt color lidded ginger jar. It has a French style ormolu base with paw feet. It has an ormolu rose trim and finial. Ormolu is a type of metal alloy that is generally copper and zinc sometimes mixed with tin. It's cast into a specific shape (like a base with feet). It should date to about the 1990s or so. For the most part, United Wilson items value fairly high, especially for their higher quality pieces. Cobalt is a very desirable color.

.
The condition looks really good. I don't see any cracking or crazing in the glaze and the ormolu base doesn't seem to have any tarnish or wear. It looks great.

.

In that condition, it should be worth about $300 to $350 in a private sale. If you were to try and sell something like this at auction, you could expect about half that.

.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great evening.
~Diana

Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Expert
Thank you Diana

You're very welcome. If you need anything else just let me know. Thank you for the positive rating. I appreciate it.

Best Wishes,

Diana