Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

Would you please tell me what is the value of this crystal

bowl? And it's age and...
Would you please tell me what is the value of this crystal bowl? And it's age and origin if possible
(No marks).
https://imgur.com/a/Gd24v
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/17/2017
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Expert

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

With no marks, it's impossible to say for certain who made it. It's a glass pedestal compote. The pattern is a geometric design. In fact, the design is a bit similar to old bullseye patterns. It features a circular design with hobstars, buttons, a diamond band and a sawtooth rim.

.
It looks to be an Early American Pressed Glass (EAPG) from about 1910 to 1915. A piece like that is worth about $50 to $60.

.

The prices will vary a bit depending on where you try to sell it. You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself in a private sale as opposed to an auction, Ebay, or selling it to a dealer.

.

For selling them yourself, Etsy is a great alternative to Ebay. Rubylane, Tias, and Cyberattic are great online stores too. They generally have a store "setup" fee, so unless you have a lot of items to list, it may be a bit too pricey. They do get the "higher" paying customers though. There's a fairly new site called Charish that is starting to get some great attention. Etsy would be great for something like this and they have some of the lowest listing rates.
.

There is also craigslist. Your town might even have a facebook page dedicated to selling items (like an online garage sale). Some buyers have even started using apps or sites like LetGo or Varagesale. The only big downside to these is you always run a risk of meeting someone that may be dangerous. If you go that route, never have them come to your house. Always meet someplace very public and never go alone. I don't generally recommend any of those options because I would hate for something to happen to you. One generally safe option is meeting up at a local police station. A lot of towns allow sellers to use their parking lots as meeting places.

.

Ebay is more or less a last resort. It does reach a lot of people, but the values tend to be lower. If you do decide to try Ebay, consider using reserves.
.

That should give you quite a few options, but if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great evening.
~Diana

Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Expert
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thank you Diana

You're very welcome. Thank you for the positive rating.

~Diana

Diana F.
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Expert