Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

This is my personal ring way too large for me now- I think…

This is my personal ring...
This is my personal ring way too large for me now- I think it is a 9.5 it was part of an estate set that me and my friend bought from a local jeweler in the 90s- not sure what the mark next to 14kt is? Can you help me identify - want to sell.
image0.jpgimage0.jpgimage1.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage4.jpg
11/16/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other

This is a vintage 14k yellow gold ring in the form of a cobra snake with ruby eyes holding

an emerald-cut blue topaz in its mouth. The spoked asterisk mark next to the 14k is the maker's logo,

but it is an obscure one and not a known or famous maker. Queen Victoria chose a snake ring to mark her engagement to Prince Albert. Consequently, the snake became a popular Victorian romantic image used quite frequently in jewelry (even today). The ring is a symbol of protection against evil spirits and the golden coil of the body encircling the finger of the wearer being a symbol fertility, luck, and inspiration.

This ring has a current value of $700 to $900 retail. Being a 9.5, it has more gold than an average size 7.

Also consider that a jeweler can size down easily for you without damaging the ring. My jeweler does up and down sizing for me all the time at a cost of about $20.

To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.

Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Thank you so much

You are so welcome.