Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

This is my personal ring way too large for me now- I think

it is a 9.5 it...
This is my personal ring way too large for me now- I think it is a 9.5 it was part of an estate set that me and my friend bought from a local jeweler in the 90s- not sure what the mark next to 14kt is? Can you help me identify - want to sell.
image0.jpgimage0.jpgimage1.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage4.jpg
11/16/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other

This is a vintage 14k yellow gold ring in the form of a cobra snake with ruby eyes holding

an emerald-cut blue topaz in its mouth. The spoked asterisk mark next to the 14k is the maker's logo,

but it is an obscure one and not a known or famous maker. Queen Victoria chose a snake ring to mark her engagement to Prince Albert. Consequently, the snake became a popular Victorian romantic image used quite frequently in jewelry (even today). The ring is a symbol of protection against evil spirits and the golden coil of the body encircling the finger of the wearer being a symbol fertility, luck, and inspiration.

This ring has a current value of $700 to $900 retail. Being a 9.5, it has more gold than an average size 7.

Also consider that a jeweler can size down easily for you without damaging the ring. My jeweler does up and down sizing for me all the time at a cost of about $20.

To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.

Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you so much

You are so welcome.

Rarewares
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other