Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

What’s is the value of this and is it a train lantern?

Customer Question
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appraisals
11/16/2017
Appraiser: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 9 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

What size is the lantern in inches?

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.

Your photos have not come through at this end.
Please send photos of the lantern.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the lantern.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

Ok I just have the pictures I sent I will send info later on measurements

I am very sorry but I have only received one picture. If you have others, please send using the ADD FILES link when you have the size.

There is no hurry at this end.

You are welcome. Also, if there are any letters on the lantern, please send a photo of those as well.

Ok
But it is a train lantern right?

i need more pictures to tell. I have not seen the back yet and I do not know the size.

I will discuss when I have this information later today.

Kind regards,

Doris