Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

I have a collection of small ceramic "trolls" .....at least

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have a...
Second opinion] I have a collection of small ceramic "trolls" .....at least that was what an elderly aunt called them when she gave them to me back in 2002. I can send a picture on requestJA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.Customer: They came out of an old home in West Philadelphia, their facial features look Asian, some are holding musical instruments, some are female, some male, and some "gender neutral"???JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?Customer: They are colorful! I have a good picture I could send, They are about 3 inches tall
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appraisals
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/14/2017
Appraiser: Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 month ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

These are from the 1960s. The first troll figure doll came out in 1959 from Denmark. The doll became one of the biggest fad toys of the 1960s and remain popular today. These are done with a clay that was used for mudmen figurines from China. Yours are likely a Chinese vintage export 'knock-off' of the popular toy. Trolls are still highly collectible. These are quite unique and could sell for as high as $30 - $40 per figure on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Appraiser: Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 30 days ago

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Nora
Nora