Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I came across the "instrument of surrender" papers from ww2…

Hello, I came across...

Hello, I came across the "instrument of surrender" papers from ww2 my dad had in his cabinet. There are 2pages in each clear paper protector with carbon in between. Dated mat 7,1945& are signed by the German& soviet command&french army,signed in France. Can you help me with authenticating it? Thank you, sincerely, ***** *****

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Ps- my father was in the army

The papers are written on both sides as well. The reps. From: US, UK,commonwealth of Australia,French republic,New Zealand,Allied Piwers,republic of china, Sovietologist socialists Canada,& Netherlands accepted at Tokyo,Japan sept,2 1945
10/20/2017
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers.
Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.

Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Unfortunately, such possibly important documents cannot be authenticated via photos which is what we work from.

To authenticate your documents, you must send them to the following service.

http://www.paasautographs.com/

Or you could try the US State Department

http://www.expressauthentication.com/

I truly wish we could help you.

If you would like further information before you rate my answer, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Doris

I'm disappointed, but that's par for the course with our family un luck. Thank you anywY

I am so sorry that your document authentication must be done in person but that is the honest answer. You will not be able to have an honest, qualified appraiser who can properly assess your documents online via photos.

I feel the negative rating you gave was more about your disappointment rather than my honest answer.

Negative ratings seriously impact my job. I do not think you meant to have your rating cause harm to my job.

Please consider upgrading your rating to at least three stars so that my job is not impacted because I was honest.

After upgrading your rating, you can request a refund so that you do not have to pay the site.

Kind regards,

Doris

Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
I'm sorry, I did not mean to create a negative outcome. I will upgrade rating.

THANK YOU!