Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

I have matching Pate de Limoges Couleuvre vases from France

given to my Mother in...
I have matching Pate de Limoges Couleuvre vases from France given to my Mother in 1940's. Decor is whimsical illustration of girl watering plants at a window and written "Ste. Denise" I can't find anything like it online...any thoughts?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?
Customer: Says "Edition D'Art modeled a triage limite
10/20/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't want to call...
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are u still there?

Thank you for the photos. I will work on this and get back to you today as it takes time for research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks very much!

This is a matched pair of mantel vases made by Couleuvre Porcelain/Pate de Limoges

of Couleuvre, France. The company was in business from 1960 to 1993, so they could not be from the 1940's.

They made reproduction shaped porcelain items, some with traditional deisns and others

with more illustrative decoration like yours. They made these illustration style pieces with scenes of Paris (newstans, cafes, shops, etc.) in the 1960's-1970's. The pair of vases have a value of $300 as a matched pair.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me to get good feedback for answering.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much! We won't sell them...but wanted to make sure we didn't have valuable pieces that should be specially insured!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where do I click on stars?

I understand and that was a good idea.

To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

If you are on mobile, scroll to the top of the page and click Finish by Rating.
That should take you to a screen that says "your rating is required",
do please click the five stars and hit submit.

Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Rarewares
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other