Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/19/2017
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Thank you for the request here.

Please add close-ups of the birds flying so I can see the texture as well as a photo of the backside (do not remove from frame).

~Nora

I am not able to tell from the photos if the medium of this is acrylic or oil. I can opt out and open this question again to all the experts for you if you like.

~Nora

Please do and thanks...how do you give “tips”? The mobile app doesn’t seem to show it

Hi There,

I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, use this link for assistance:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

~Nora

Thank you
Ok but nobody has contacted me
Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace, Owner & CEO of Rare-Era.com

Greetings and good morning, my name is ***** ***** I am a federally certified Fine Art and Antiques appraiser and licensed auctioneer with a Master’s degree from Sotheby’s Institute, UK. Thank you for taking the time to submit this lovely oil on canvas painting of flying herons. I am quite certain this is an oil on canvas painting that once painted was additionally varnished which gives the painting a cohesive visage.

To the best of my knowledge, this specific artist isn't known on the secondary market but stylistically, the work reminds me of the animals painted by Rusty Rust from Sarasota. His pieces usually sell at auction between $60 to $70 to just over $125USD and are seen in galleries for between $200-$400USD. Because your piece lacks some of the artist provenance, I would assume about 50% of the values I see with Rust's work.

I hope this impartial evaluation will be of assistance to you. If you have any additional questions, do let me know. Otherwise, please keep in mind, I only receive compensation for my answer once you have rated me positively, thus, your 5-star rating is most appreciated.

Cheers!

Erin-Marie

I would like a second opinion

Certainly, just one moment and I will opt out and let another expert pick up the question they will have access to your photos so you needn't resubmit anything.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

Thank you
Is there a problem?
Hello?
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi My name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. I have enlarged your photos and gone over them slowly. This is an acrylic painting and I believe it to an Arabian or Islamic artist. I can not decipher the artist signature. But have compared it to all of the well known listed. I have not found the signature or artist listed but that does not mean it does not hold value. This is a prominent painting and a well done painting. These are white cranes and have long been associated with royalty, balance, grace, and longevity. The value of this painting in today's art market would be $2800-3200.00 of the size 40" x 60"

I would suggest contacting, if you are interested in selling this piece:

Heritage auction House

https://fineart.ha.com/free-appraisals.s?ic=Tab-Service-FreeAuctionEvaluation-121913

Christies Auction House

http://www.christies.com/home/selling-services/auction-services/auction-estimates/overview

Either could tell you more about this painting and the possibly the artist by filling out the estimate auction valuation form along with these photos. It is a modern piece I would say 1960-1970s at the oldest. Very nice piece.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars: 1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser