Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a couple of oils I'd like to know more about and

Customer Question
I have a couple...

I have a couple of oils I'd like to know more about and perhaps have some idea of what they may be worth in today's market for insurance purposes at least.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

One is by Peter Kamp. I'm not quite sure who the painter is of the other although I did snap a photo of the name.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?

Not really. They both are on display in my home. I just wanted to know the guesstimate of each.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appraisals
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Appraiser: Rarewares, Other replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature
next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the paintings,
signatures and any labels on the back of the completed framing. Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

Peter M. Kamps was an Arizona artist that was born in Germany in 1889.

His oil paintings were mostly western scenics of the Grand Canyon and

Arizona desert regions, completed in the 1930's and after (roughly). The

type of VanDyke oil board used dates to the 1950's, so I'd date the painting to that period.

This painting has a current value of $800 retail.

The second painting is also of the southwestern desert region, unknown artist using copyright symbol,

Roberti Pavit (?), dating to the 1940's, with a value of $300 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Thank you for your service. I believe I paid a total of $125 for the pair, so I'm still ahead of the game. ��

Well, that is great news. Always love to hear that someone has a treasure.

To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Now, I paid $5. I don't want to be charged any more than that. How do I make sure I am charged no more than that?
I'm on an iPad. I see no stars.

The experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges,
fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form, so I can't answer that part.

If you are on mobile (I think it works the same for Ipad), scroll to the top of the page and click Finish by Rating.
That should take you to a screen that says "your rating is required",
do please click the five stars and hit submit.

Ok.
Done!

Hmm, I don't see that it has been rated, maybe it will take a while to go through.