Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

Looking for an art appraisal

Customer Question
Looking for an art appraisal
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appraisals
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I own a Micheal Gorban oil painting. 'Chimera' 16'x20' Signed and in the original frame. Also the hard back book, signed, of his art work. I need a valuation, for insurance and sale price. Bought in a New Orleans art gallery 12 yrs ago for $4000
10/2/2017
Appraiser: Appraiser JM, Certified Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Appraiser JM
Appraiser JM, Certified Appraiser

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks?

If you don’t have photos, I can do my best without them—just let me know—but it’s more accurate with photos.

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer

Good morning,

I see you did not upload a photo. I am giving a rough estimate based on the description--valuation is more accurate if I can see an image, as the composition matters.

For insurance purposes, the retail value of the set would be approximately $4,000.00. Selling prices for this artist do not seem to have gone up from the time of your purchase.

For resale, at auction or via classified, I'd estimate this at approximately $1,000.00. This artist's resale market has not caught up with his retail market, which is common when an artist is still living and prolific.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I see that this question remains "open." How can I help you further? I strive to always provide five-star service.

I am happy to continue to work with you until you are completely satisfied.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Appraiser JM
Appraiser JM
Appraiser JM, Certified Appraiser