Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I recently won a mid century Morganton dining room set at a…

Customer Question
I recently won a...

I recently won a mid century Morganton dining room set at a local auction. I reached out to the folks at Drexel, to see if they could give me any idea of whether the chair upholstery is leather or vinyl. Unfortunately, they could not provide the info I desired because the dining room set apparently was produced before the 2 companies merged. Would you happen to know if Morganton used leather or vinyl in the 1950's for their dining room chairs?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?

I have 2 Captain chairs and 4 side chairs. All the chairs are in mint condition, with no holes or tears. I would like to know the material of the chairs so I can care for them properly

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appraisals
10/2/2017
Appraiser: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 10 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.

Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Morganton Furniture Co chairs are generally leather. If these were created in mid century, they may have vinyl replacements.

I use a canned paste wax to care for my leather pieces.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.

If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars! This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be able to help you.