Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

Just looking to see if the Zee company in Hong Kong is still

Customer Question

Just looking to see if the George Zee company in Hong Kong is still alive. I have a set of nesting tables and a dining room set. Recently inherited, so not interested in selling (I think).
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The dining room set is rosewood, table, two leaves, I think six straight chairs (repaired), one arm chair, and I don't recall the 8th. (The chairs are from memory, I haven't unpacked everything yet.) A buffet and a china cabinet that fits over it.
JA: Is there anything else the Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The smallest of the nesting tables, also rosewood, I think, has a number 61-68697 on a metal plate. dining room set was made about bought in 1968
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you. (I do not participate in the phone service)

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

The set of George Zee (Hong Kong) nesting tables were made in 1961 and have a value of $500 to $600 retail.

A George Zee dining room set of carved rosewood with matching buffet and china cabinet from the 1960's (check the number, the first two digits are the year) has a value of $6,000 to $8,000 retail, the range being for any condition issues.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are https://marketplace.apartmenttherapy.com/, www.loveseat.com (in CA), Layerhome.com, Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer or need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.