Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

Attn. Glenda only *** Glenda, As far as I know this brooch…

Attn. Glenda only ***Hello Glenda,As...
Attn. Glenda only ***Hello Glenda,As far as I know this brooch by SOLVAR features a Celtic symbol. Would you know how this symbol is called or what is meaning is? The brooch measures approx. 1 1/2".As always many thanks and kind regardsManuela
9/19/2017
Josie-Mod
I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser

Good Morning

Hope you are well..

The Brooch is a take on the Tara Brooch, you can read the History of the Tara Brooch here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Brooch. It is a very ancient brooch, Solvar produced several styles with a take off the original brooch. Yours is their : Rhodium Stone Set Celtic Tara Brooch-Made in Ireland Solvar. $55.00.( new price ) Solvar Ltd. is a family owned Irish company established in 1941 and based in the heart of Dublin Ireland. I would list this for

$40.00.

Glenda

Glenda B.