Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a friend who has a sax once owned by McMurray It was

I have a friend who has a sax once owned by Fred McMurray It was manufactured in 1953 by Marten or Martin I have a serial number. Is this of interest.
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It has a serial number on the saxophone of 184-764. It was supposedly owned by the musician and later actor Fred McMurray. It was manufactured in 1953 by Martin. Mark
JA: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It is owned by a friend and she may sell it for the right price

Your Martin saxophone could sell for up to $900 on its own as an instrument. The provenance, or previous ownership history could help its sale-ability and possibly reach up to $2000.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora