Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I purchased a maple 3 drawer dresser w mirror and matching…

Customer Question
I purchased a maple...

I purchased a maple 3 drawer dresser w mirror and matching twin bed. Both have the maple leaf and stamped virginia house Lincoln industries. I paid 130 for the set. I was wondering what the value and history are. They are both in good condition a little worn finish in a few spots

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Appraiser should be aware of?

No I also bought a seth thomas shelf clock w a peach and leaves reverse painted on the lower half. It runs great and is in good condition. A bit of wear on the face but not bad. Paid 150. Is that a fair price. The label inside looks similar to one from around 1870.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appraisals
9/17/2017
Appraiser: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 11 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the items.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the items.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR -

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

Kind regards,
Doris