Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a vintage pendant and chain that has no markings, the

Customer Question

I have a vintage pendant and chain that has no markings, the pedant is a coat of arms and appears to be enameled. It is in very fine shape. Being that it is unsigned I was hoping someone with greater knowledge of costume jewelry than myself could look at how it was made and the materials that were used to make it and let me know who the designer or company was that put it out? I know many of the great designers of costume jewelry didn't sign their work when they first started. Who made it? How old is it? What is its resale value? What entity does the coat of arms represent? Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi Nathan

I wanted to let you know that everyone has seen this, I even looked through every jewelry book I own, nothing! I also did three image searching programs on this but, nothing. Just nothing is turning up as to what this is for or who made it. There are thousands of images of Coat of Arms, and not everyone was recorded so it is impossible to find if there is no recorded info. At best this can be valued for what it is, but that is all.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for trying. What do you think the value is?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi Nathan

Does the clasp have anything marked on it? Like 10K or 10k Gold filled or even 14k?