Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Have a pen ink drawing by Leroy Neiman, done in 1967

Customer Question

Have a pen ink drawing by Leroy Neiman, done in 1967 entitled
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: it's entitled Frank Sinatra @ Jilly's out of the movie The Detective signed by Neiman.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It's orig. purchased at Bowles/Hopkins in San Fran. with certif.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Doris replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

What size is your piece (in inches) not including the frame and mat? Please do not remove from the frame.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and back of your framed piece.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR-

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

Kind regards,
Doris