Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

My mom passed and left me with 80 plates that i want to sell…

Customer Question
My mom passed and...

My mom passed and left me with 80 plates that i want to sell and am trying to put a value on them

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The plates are 4 ea Knowles / norman Rockwell, 8 ea Franklin / water birds of the world. 12 ea Gone with the wind, etc. Thanks lee

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Most are stored in a multiple drawer case and do not have the original box. Excellent condition.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appraisals
9/7/2017
Appraiser: Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 8 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello Lee,

Unfortunately, I have to be the bearer of not good news. The market on vintage collectible plates of these type by Knowles (as well as Bradford Exchange, Franklin Mint and more) has slumped considerably. On today's market, these average $1 - $3 each at yard and garage sales and sometimes up to $5 to even $10 each online such as Ebay.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

The add that I clicked on said "Appraisal" not "advice". I am looking for something more definitive for the money I spent.

The plates you have carry an average value of $5 - $7 each on today's market.

~Nora

Nora
Nora