Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have a solid gold what I believe to be Egyptian

Customer Question
Hello.......I have a solid...

Hello.......I have a solid gold what I believe to be Egyptian Artifact...It was found during WW1 in Egypt and is now held in France..I wish to understand its origin and potential value?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is a solid gold figurine with various hieroglyphs on the front...8.5 x 2.5 cm

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?

I can send image if that helps?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appraisals
8/4/2017
Appraiser: Rarewares, Other replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

hello..Did you see the pictures?

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Appraiser: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 11 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.

Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

With an item like this, the potential age and value are so great that it would be best to have it viewed in person by an appraiser.

If you agree, please tell me a large city near you. I will search for an appraiser for you.

Kind regards,
Doris

Hi Cam Based in Cyprus so don't think there will be an appraiser in this country!
Do you know what the item is and a possible age?
thanks

It appears to be an amulet but I am unable to determine the age via photos.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find an accurate answer to your question.
I am going to release your question (opt-out) so that if another professional knows the answer, he/she can help you.
There is no extra charge if another professional responds to your question.
I will not be able to respond to your questions once I opt-out.
I hope you find the answer to your question.
Kind regards,
Doris

Its very clearly not an amulet.....its a ushabtis!..I found this out from 2 min internet search!
If you are not able to help then I suggest a refund please.
thanks