Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a 14k lighter that I'm trying to figure out who the

Customer Question

I have a 14k lighter that I'm trying to figure out who the maker was. It looks like it's from the early 30's and the only thing stamped on it is at the bottom and it says "14k PAT" then on the other side of the screw it say "2052" and thats it. Any ideas?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: am i talking to a real person here?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: thats all I have
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will send the photos in a few min.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Any time is fine, no rush. ~Nora

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you see any yet? I sent I think 5. I'm not sure if they are uploading because my browser is just spinning.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I little more info for you that I figured out. It looks like a Hahway HW lighter but it's not because Hahway lighters have the little hole in the lid of the lighter to put the pin in so that the flint can be changed.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Hi There,

I have not found a match to this for you.

I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
if I don't get an answer I get my money back correct?