Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a Sligh lowry executive desk with a 2 shelf front

Customer Question

I have a Sligh lowry executive desk with a 2 shelf front where the keyhole . It has a black leather top . It is in good condition. It has been in the family since 1950's. I know it was about $2,000.00 when purchased but What now. It is in Easton MD
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Can you send a picture of this please?

Glenda

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no not right now. It is not possible now

Hello

That is fine thank you, ***** ***** can tell me what kind of wood this is, I can get the value for you.

Glenda

Hello

I am sorry I do not do live phone calls. If you can tell me what kind of wood this is, I can get the value for you.

Glenda

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is walnut. If you look on ebay you will see the exact model but without the 2 book shelves in front. Vintage Sligh Furniture is how it is stated.

Hello

Can you tell me which one it is on Ebay. I am on the page Vintage Sligh Furniture which one is it? Or which one is it like?

Glenda

Hello

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is the large one with a the space in the middle and several drawers on each side.
Black leather top and it is flush at the bottom. They don't show the one I have because I have the front middle part built for books. two shelves

Hello

Thank you,

.

This is your answer please read entirely. Please rate this after reading, thanks
.
I have been an Appraiser for over 45 years. I have also been an Antique shop owner, buying and selling on the current market.
.
The Vintage Sligh Furniture, Executive Desk, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $***-**-****.00, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $1600.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $1400.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get credit for our work.They should be located top right of the page.( scroll all the way back to the top of page ) Or you may see review expert or rate expert, you can click on that. This is the only way I get credit for my work.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Rating the appraiser for answering your question has no cost to you, so please take a moment to rate this answer. This is the only way we get compensated by the site for our work. At no cost to you the customer. This may be clicking the stars, rate expert or review expert.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

A rating is appreciated
Thank you
Glenda