Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

Have a Leroy Neiman Statue of Liberty 24 x 20 signed twice,

Customer Question
once in pencil. Any idea...
Have a Leroy Neiman Statue of Liberty 24 x 20 signed twice, once in pencil. Any idea? I can't find it. Is it real or a knock-off? Thanks, Joseph
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It's in a gold frame. Purchased back in the 90's at an auction.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not really.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appraisals
7/26/2017
Appraiser: Rarewares, Other replied 3 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.

Please post pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks or signatures by clicking the Add Files link.
The link will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.

This is a Statue of Liberty limited edition serigraph (screenprint on paper)done in 1986 by Leroy Neiman. A limited edition of 600 numbered impressions were made, so the pencil numbers and letters should indicate one of these runs; 100AP, 20PP, 10HC, signed by the artist in the plate and in pencil. These are valued at $10,000 to $13500 currently.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com,
Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please take a moment to click the five stars in the upper right of your
screen and hit the orange SUBMIT button to signal the site that I have
completed the question. Thanks!

Mine has no number in the lower right corner. Just the two signatures as stated. One in pencil, one in ink as part of the print. That's all the info I can give, there is nothing else on the print. One signature in ink one in pencil, not number. I have many prints (Alexander Chan) very familiar with the artist systems. Have one AP #1 of 5. Which he made for me after talking with him on the phone in California. THIS HAS NO NUMBER ON THE FRONT AT LEASE. Sure of that.

Then this one is an open edition serigraph print and would have a value of

$800 to $1000. It is not a 'fake', but was sanctioned by the artist to be printed in open edition(unlimited number) and therefore has a lower value.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

Rarewares
Rarewares
Rarewares, Other