ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP Appraiser: art, antiques, coins, collectibles
59032044

What is the value of a Horse whiskey with No.505681. I

Customer Question

What is the value of a White Horse whiskey with No.505681. I presume it to be about 50 years old. Regards Mark
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: No other items at this stage, thank you
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I don't believe so
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the question! Generally White Hose whiskey doesn't enjoy a very lively secondary market and depending on the bottle condition (does the label show moisture? if not, that's good) and fill level (how filled is the bottle, it's a way of showing if air has gotten into the bottle and caused evaporation) these bottles from the 1960s and 1970s typically sell for $25 to $75 and it's still likely drinkable, though a bit unpredictable. Be aware of local laws that may limit the direct sale of even collectible spirits though!

Again, thanks and let me know if I can be of further help. PLEASE USE THE 5-STAR RATING SYSTEM to rate my professionalism as it closes the question and is the only way JustAnswer recognizes experts.

Following-up because I noticed you reviewed your answer but did not rate it. Please use the 5-star rating system to rate my professionalism and close this question so I can help others. It's the only way JustAnswer credits experts.

Following-up one last time because I noticed you reviewed your answer that I prepared for you but did not rate it. Please use the 5-star rating system to rate my professionalism and close this question so I can help others. It's the only way JustAnswer credits experts and does not impact what you pay.