Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a reader got it from. My. Mom

Customer Question

I have a reader got it from. My. Mom
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Got reader from mom.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello

I am not sure what you have but your picture shows a cup. Is that what you need a value for?

Glenda

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a teaser from my mom.

Hello

What is a teaser?
Glenda

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Tea set

Hello

Who made it, and what pieces are in it?

Glenda

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Arklow Classic with letter U

Hello

How many pieces and what are they?

Glenda

Hello

I am sorry I do not do live phone calls, this will not help you with a value, all I need to know is what pieces you have in your set in order to get the value. I feel appraisals are best done in writing. So if you can just tell me what pieces are in your set, I can get the value for you.

Glenda

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Tea kettle, 4 cups, 4 saucers, 4 dessert plates. Excellent condition

Hi

This is your answer please read entirely, if you have no further questions after reading this please rate me. Appraisers are independent, we come to the site to answer questions customers post there. We answer then are rated by the customer for our professionalism to the customer. Once rated we are then compensated by the site for our time, at no cost to the customer.
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
The Tea Set, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $200.00-225.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.

If you do not want to be charged for a phone call you can just not accept an offer if anyone wants to call you.

.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. They should be located top right of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert, you can click on that. This is the only way I get credit for my work.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.
.