Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

I have 6 complete place settings of desert rose.....the set

Customer Question
was completed before 1975. It...
I have 6 complete place settings of desert rose.....the set was completed before 1975. It includes 2 platters, large and small serving dish, salt and pepper, sugar creamer, dessert bowls, salad bowls, soup bowls, 3 different size plates, 12 cups and saucers is it worth anything
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appraisals
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/11/2017
Appraiser: Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser replied 6 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Hello

I am looking this up for you be right back.

Glenda

.
This is your answer please read entirely, if you have no further questions after reading this please rate me. Appraisers are independent, we come to the site to answer questions customers post there. We answer then are rated by the customer for our professionalism to the customer. Once rated we are then compensated by the site for our time, at no cost to the customer.
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
The Franciscan Desert Rose has an estimated value on the current market for an average of

2 platters -$75.00-115.00 each, large serving dish-$55.00-75.00, small serving dish-$45.00-50.00, salt and pepper -$50.00-65.00 sugar and creamer-$70.00-75.00, dessert bowls -$20.00-22.00 each, salad bowls-$18.00-22.00 each, soup bowls-$19.50-23.00 each, 3 different size plates-Dinner Plate-$30.00-32.00, Bread and Butter Plate-$18.00-22.50, Salad Plate-$16.50-20.00 each, 12 cups and saucers -$14.50-16.00 each set. Prices depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.

.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. They should be located top right of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert, you can click on that. This is the only way I get credit for my work.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.
.

Glenda B.
Glenda B.