Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Second opinion] I have a set of Wadsworth Longfellow books,

Customer Question

Second opinion] I have a set of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow books, which I've had for some years and wondered it worth. I have Vol. I which includes 6 books, if anything the first volume could use some conservation work on the binding and a couple of pages but won't dare touch it. I feel it should be kept in a proper archival environment. Any advice or suggestions is appreciated.Would like to know more about its history? But I can not offer more other than, this set was bought for my husband by his mother I believe sometime between the mid-1940's - 1955. She passed away maybe 10 yrs. ago and my husband passed away last year; I now have these books.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello
I wanted to let you know that someone has looked at this question. If there is an expert that can help you with what you need they will see this when they sign in, then pick it up. I will opt out now, so this will appear on the question board in order for another expert to see it.
Glenda

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you (I see that I was charged $37+ for just asking a question, unfortunately) my sense is that I'd like for these books to be available to someone who is interested his Longfellow's writings. The condition of the collection could use some repair but of course I am reluctant to pursue such endeavor because of its age and yes I was curious of it worth. I was informed by another appraiser that this collection appraisal estimate is between $150 - $200 per book, I have 6 from the 1800's series (as I was told). I was curious to gather a little more information on that which is why I asked for a second opinion. My personal concern is that in my possession these books will remain in my possession and upon my passing my daughters will likely donate these books to Goodwill, I would like to avoid that if possible (I'm 57 yrs. old life expectancy is no more than 63 yrs. according historical records) this is why I am pursuing a good and caring home for these books; I sincerely ***** ***** to be charged more funding because I have more questions. Any comments you have is greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Puanani
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not want to have a phone conversation with anyone as I wouldn't know their credentials and sincerely ***** ***** want to incur further charges for asking questions.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am hoping for a response from someone?
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

This is Nora

To clarify, the value is $150 - $200 for the set, not per book of 6.

~Nora