Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

My father was on the USS California when it was bombed in

Customer Question

My father was on the USS California when it was bombed in Pearl Harbor. I have some of his uniforms and some papers my mother saved from that day. A picture of the harbor after it was bombed and a Christmas Menu from the USS California as well as some other papers. I was wondering how much I should insure them for.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: My mother kept a Memory book of that day and time with napkins, post cards excetra in it.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Doris replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Thoughtful responses take time.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I may need to ask further details about your item or request photos before I can give an informed final answer.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thank you take your time. Your website would not accept my information so if you need to reach me my email address is : ****************.

Expert:  Doris replied 9 months ago.

I cannot communicate via your personal email address. We must work through the site system of responding to each other.

Please try to send your list of items in a site system response.

I do not participate in the phone call services. I give my best answers in thoughtful writing.

Besides, you will have an assessment to print out. Please know that is why I do not send pop ups.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That's ok. will email you later.
Expert:  Doris replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. There is absolutely no hurry.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.http://www.justanswer.com/antiques/a4l6n-father-uss-california-when-bombed.htmlThank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Doris replied 9 months ago.

Customer service did not see your email address in one of your responses.

Please write***@******.*** and follow the directions above.