Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

I picked up on the 1999 cola beanie baby are they worth

Customer Question
I picked up on the...
I picked up on the 1999 coca cola beanie baby are they worth anything
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: each one has the coca cola bottle attached to each animal and still has the plastic covered tag coca cola 1999
JA: Is there anything else the appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appraisals
11/21/2016
Appraiser: Doris Matthews,
 replied 1 year ago
Doris Matthews

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

Can you send me at least one photo?

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Never mind I changed my mind
Appraiser: Doris Matthews,
 replied 1 year ago

Good.

I do not accept requests for phone calls. I give my best answers in thoughtful writing.

Besides, you will have an assessment to print out. There are extra charges for phone calls. I do not send pop-ups.

Thank you for the information and photos. They really help.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I want you to have the best answer.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

Appraiser: Doris Matthews,
 replied 1 year ago

See the following image. It shows a lot of 10 Coca Cola 1999 Beanie Babies that sold for $10 in an online auction in 2013.

I found about the same auction price for other 1999 Coca Cola Beanie Babies. On a few occasions, the larger ones sold for as much as $10 each.

The estimated retail values would be $10 each for the smaller ones and $20 for the larger ones.

I truly wish I had better news.

Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices.

If you would like to sell close to estimated retail, some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Be sure to specify local pick up only for large items. That way the buyer would be responsible for obtaining his own insurance and transport.

These sites carry antique as well as vintage items.
Accept PayPal only.

Etsy.com - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Artfire.com
Bonanza.com

These sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.
GoAntiques.com
Rubylane.com
Tias.com
cyberattic.com
trocadero.com

Or your nearest CraigsList.com where you can list items for free. Accept cash only.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

Doris Matthews
Doris Matthews
Doris Matthews